To create a sign like this, follow these steps:
-Wood Planks (Try fence panels from Home Depot)
-Two 2x4 wood boards cut to size for posts
-Wood stain or shoe polish
-White paint or chalk
- Cut your fence panels or wood planks to the size you would like (2-3 ft. is a good length depending on number of locations you will add)
- Using the hammer, nails, sandpaper, etc. begin to 'age' the wood on the edges and across the planks
- Use the wood stain or shoe polish and stain the panels/planks Note: You can always add more 'age' to the wood after staining
- Once the stain has driec, line the boards up on the ground and using the white paint or chalk, write out the places & distances traveled by each guest. Tip: Draw this out on paper first to make sure you know where you want everything placed on the sign.
- Once the boards are dry, turn them over and nail the 2x4's to the panels to keep them together and to add the legs to the sign.
Simply find a location at your reception site for the sign and put it in place. Guests will love this personal touch welcoming them to your wedding!
Photos courtesy of KariBeth Gentry