Tuesday, November 22, 2011

[Real Wedding] - Mindy & Ross' Farm Wedding

Today I have a gorgeous DIY wedding that took place on the groom's family farm.  It's full of antique & thrift store finds that make this down home, budget friendly wedding truly unique.



About the couple:  Ross and I both grew up in Randolph County (NC) and attended the same middle and high schools. Although we were friends throughout high school, we did not begin dating until our senior year. We realized that we both had a knack for adventure and have been inseparable since. After high school we both went on to earn degrees in education. Ross went to UNC-Chapel Hill for a chemistry degree during undergrad and later a masters degree in high school science. He now teaches physical science at a local high school. I went to NC State University and studied elementary education and I am currently teaching first grade at a local elementary school. I enjoy decorating while Ross enjoys lifting weights and we both love the outdoors.



The Proposal: Ross proposed at Jordan Lake in January and we decided that there was no better time to get married than the summer since we are both teachers. So, we planned to get married 6 months later. 

Planning the wedding: I knew that I had always wanted a vintage feel to my wedding so I knew that I needed to start going to thrift stores, flea markets, antique shops, etc. for my wedding decor. I scrounged for candelabras, teacups, saucers, handkerchiefs, and other dainty little items for the centerpieces. I have always enjoyed soft and dainty decorations against rustic ones so we decided to have the wedding outdoors at Ross' grandfather's farm to satisfy the combination.  We both have close and supportive family and friends who helped set up on the day of the wedding. On the morning of the wedding there was me, bridesmaids, future mother and sister-in-laws, mothers, and sisters arranging flowers in soup tureens, and tea cups. The future father in laws and friends of the family hauling tables and chairs from the barn by 4-wheelers and trailers. It was a team effort. I had it all in my mind and to some extent drawn on a map and it all came to life that morning. That was my favorite behind the scenes part to our wedding. It felt like everyone that we love and love us played a part in our wedding.





    Bride's favorite detail: On another note, thinking about my favorite detail, I must say that the antique centerpieces were my favorite. I feel that they encapsulated my style better than any other one thing.
 




Mindy got inspiration from these vintage style Anthropolgie hand towels.

 



A local artist painted their wedding as it took place.  Such a fun idea!










And a sweet bird seed send off to end the festivities:


Congrats to Mindy & Ross!

Floral Designer: Burge Flower Shop
Dress Store: David's Bridal
Heirlooms and extras: Anthropologie
 
Submitted via Two Bright Lights
 

5 comments:

  1. I adore the first picture of the dress hanging from the barn...beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty, I adore all the tea cups and the aqua bridesmaids!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a nice wedding and I really like it. The rings are so cute. Congratulation to the new couple, I wish you all the best. Thank you so much.

    ReplyDelete