Friday, June 24, 2011

It's All About the Lace

Is it just me or does it seem like lace is everywhere these days?  It's showing up in clothes, accessories, shoes, decor and so on.  And I'm not going to lie, I absolutely love it!  I think lace is such a great way to make pieces look feminine and fun.  A little lace can go a long way to dress something up.

So, with this trend popping up all over the place I got to thinking how could you incorporate lace into your wedding?  I think you can add lace to just about anywhere you want:


The Dress
Have some lace on your hemline, all over or just as an accent belt.


On your feet
Flats or heels - there's options in all colors.


on the cake
I just love these lace appliques on these cakes.  The grey one is probably my favorite!

in the details
 
You can even use lace in the small details from the napkine rings to the invitations.

No matter how much or how little you want to use lace in your wedding decor, you'll be able to find lots of options.  Have fun using this beaufitul trend!

Pictures via (all start at top left and go clockwise):
Dresses: 1, 2, 3
Shoes: 1, 2, 3, 4,
Cakes: 1, 2, 3, 4
Details: 1, 2, 3, 4

15 comments:

  1. love those black lace shoes!
    xo
    alexa
    theshortandthesweetofit.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love lace! I had an allover lace wedding gown. It was to-die-for.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So true! Lace is showing up everywhere this season, including ME! I like the "cake" and "detail" pics. I was expecting all clothes and shoes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love love love lace too :) It's just so timeless and beautiful. We had tons of lace at our wedding also! Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great lace finds...it's so traditional and timeless! Fun to see all the places it can go!

    ReplyDelete
  6. lovely lacy details. I'm so in love with this post!

    xo, chrissy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your photos are gorgeous and I love everything posted in lace! I just found your blog and it's so pretty! Hope you can come stop by mine and say hi! I am following!
    xo
    Sharon
    www.fashion-isha.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm a newbie here what a lovely blog you have!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've always been such a girly girl so lace is a permanent on my wedding dream list! Such pretty examples here, love it! xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. YES! I love lace, too. Especially on dresses and headbands!

    ReplyDelete
  11. i love lace....the melissa sweet dress i want (someday) is ALL lace! so fab!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous Images!!! Shoes to die for.....!

    Im your new follower!
    AllGlamThings

    ReplyDelete
  13. I absolutely love lace. All of these ideas are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete